- Protecting the confidentiality of our customer information
- The types of information we have about you and where it comes from
- The types of information TimeCapital shares, why and with whom
Protecting the Confidentiality of Customer Information
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customer information very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to store and secure information about you from unauthorized access, alteration and destruction. Our control policies, for example, authorize access to customer information only by individuals who need access to do their work.
Information We Have About You
TimeCapital receives information about you from various sources, including:
- Information you provide to us (such as name, address date of birth and social security number, and information on applications about assets and income)
- Information related to your transactions with us and our clearing firm (such as account balance and payment history)
- Information we obtain from others at your request (such as information about assets held at another institution for inclusion in a financial plan)
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies (credit bureaus), such as your credit history when you apply for a service.
Information TimeCapital Shares
- When we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, regulatory, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process) or if requested by a governmental agency, regulator or other authority as part of an investigation;
- In the event of a bankruptcy, cessation of business, merger, acquisition, sale, transfer of control, joint venture or other business combination involving us;
- If we believe your actions violate any law, rule or regulation; and/or
If you do not want us or your representative to take or share your information should he or she leave or transfer his or her business to a new firm, you have the right to opt out of such disclosure. You may opt out now or at any time in the future. If you wish to opt out from such sharing, please call us at 631-331-1400 or write us at TimeCapital, One Roosevelt Avenue, Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776. If you have a joint account, we will treat an opt out election by any joint customer as applying to all joint customers. Certain states have adopted a requirement for you to approve this sharing of information in advance, otherwise known as an ?opt-in? choice. If you live in such an ?opt-in? state that requires your affirmative consent before we share your information with certain third-parties ? such as in connection with the transfer of your representative to another financial institution ? we will obtain your consent as required. State requirements vary and may change without notice.
TimeCapital Customer Data Security
We continually update and improve our security standards and safeguards and procedures to help us protect you against anyone gaining unauthorized access to your information, including through the Internet (See “TimeCapital Website Security”). We are on the alert for new technology to further enhance the security of this information. There are also safeguards in our procedures – when opening new accounts, for example – so that we may properly identify clients.
Only those persons who need to do so as part of their job responsibilities are authorized to have access to your information. Our employees are trained in privacy and information security and on their obligations to protect your information.
TIMECAPTIAL WEBSITE SECURITY
TimeCapital maintains a web site at http://www.timecapital.com.
There are non-secure features on the web site which can be visited by the general public.
E-mail sent to TimeCapital may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. Therefore, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as social security or account numbers to us via an unsecured e-mail. Such communications should be sent to us via postal mail or you may call 631-331-1400.
Online Access to Your Account Information
Persons who maintain accounts through TimeCapital may access account information through Time Capital's web site at http://www.timecapital.com. Only TimeCapital Customers who have registered with TimeCapital can access this part of the site. If you have not registered for authentication purposes and wish to review your account information, you may write to the address listed on your account statement, call 631-331-1400 or visit one of our offices.
Access to client account information is safeguarded by a confidential user name and password. Persons not furnishing correct credentials will not be able to access their account information.